Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Use pen drive as ram
Now a days we can use pen drive itself as a RAM for our system and just increase the general boot up speed and also operational speed of the system . Now a question arises that "Is it possible only for those who have Vista OS " ? my answer is a Big NOOOO..
It can be used by those who have Windows XP and also for Windows 2000 (Mostly)
.All u need is a pen drive of minimum 1GB . now I will tell you the steps
1. Insert the Pen Drive (1GB atleast) in the USB port
try to prefer 4GB.
2. Let the PC do what it wants to do to detect it..
3. After it finished his work, you have to act smart,
" Here goes the real thing "
4. Right Click on My Computer -> Properties
5. Advanced -> Performance Settings
6. Advanced -> Change
7. Select the Pen Drive
8. Click on Custom Size
" Check the value of space available "
9. Enter the same in the Initial and the Max columns
" You just used the space of the PenDrive as a Virtual Memory "
Now check the general start up time and also speed of your system .. so u can have a high speed system in low cost.